Sunday, May 29, 2011

It's been a while...and time to change some things around here :)

After years and years of hellish torture I begin a new chapter of my life. People do not change, hence why growth is usually apart and not together. Reguardless of all the pain I have been through, I am a stronger and wiser woman because of it. I am grateful for that and my girls alone. So now that I have a bright and meaningful future to look toward and a new strength in myself found, I am determined to make the rest of my life count. I will enjoy every minute I can with my girls. I will savor the fun and happy times yet take the frustrating and difficult moments with ease, afterall parenting is meant to be a roller coaster otherwise the highest highs and the lowest lows wouldnt be as thrilling.






My three girls have all done something to surprise me this week. They can always make me chuckle even when I least expect it.


Earlier in the week I was mowing the lawn. I had to wait for the older girls to get home from school to help with the baby so I ended up mowing at 3pm in 90 degree heat. Not all that easy, but it had to be done. I was not going to have another jungle situation that would take me 3 days to completely finish my postage sized lawn :(. I had a good pace going and Dorothy had come out with me to check on her garden. I stopped the mower to look with her and asked "Can you please pull the weeds from the garden?" "I don't think so Mommy..." she said. "Um.....why not?" She responded "Well you told me I am supposed to stay away from drugs." I couldn't think of anything to say, I just laughed quietly and shook my head, started the mower, and continued my job. Kids, I swear sometimes.


Taryn (the baby) has been working very very hard to crawl. I think her new nickname should be "Frog" for the following reason. She manages to get up on her hands and knees (and I am very proud of her for that) and begins rocking a bit back and forth and all of the sudden attempts to leap forward. It's so cute and funny at the same time. Instead of propelling herself forward, she ends up slipping backward when her legs shoot out from underneath her ;).


Today, Dorothy was complaining about how much her loose tooth hurts. "I don't like how it feels Mommy." she says. "I'm sorry sweetie but it is part of growing up. You need to make room for your adult teeth. It will be over before you know it. " I respond. "Dor Dor DOR! Besides it's worth it!!! You get MONEY!" Addison chimes in. Once again a conversation ended in laughing, I couldn't help myself, but I see where Addison's priorities lie. LOL.






Sometimes I wonder if I am doing things right; if I am a good enough parent..... These moments are what help me to be sure that I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment